Practical Surgery, Implantology and Applied Anatomy Dissection Course on Fresh Cadavers for Dentists
A Highly Practical Course that deals with the Anatomy that matters to Everyday Dentistry and Implantology For Beginners and Experienced Practitioners
Download Course Application Booking Form (PDF)
About this CourseThis is a course that offers an opportunity to perform procedures on fresh cadavers, just like the real thing. No formalin smell or stiff tissue as with preserved cadavers but instead dissection of soft tissues that can be retracted and dissected revealing some of the structures that you normally do not wish to see but know are there, somewhere.
This is not a course run by anatomists where you spend unnecessary time dissecting out fascial planes and structures that are irrelevant to everyday dentistry. Everything is relevant to everyday dentistry.
International Dentists Welcome
Participants have attended this course from: Canada, Hong Kong, India, Malaysia, UAE, UK and USA.
Stuart Orton-Jones, however, is much more than just a renowned dentist and international lecturer, but also a man with a desire to enjoy what life has to offer in the most enthusiastic of ways
- Restorative Dentistry
- Complete Dentures
- Diagnostics and Treatment Planning
- Quality Dentistry
- Treatment of Headaches and Temporomandibular Joint Problems
- Fresh Cadavers
- Mainly Practical Hands-on
- Lectures designed to lead you through each procedure, Limited Attendance
- To develop confidence in oral surgical procedures
- To dissect those anatomical structures of the head relevant to general dentistry, oral surgery and Implantology.
- To assist in the performance of Many Clinical Procedures
Procedures to be Performed
- 1. Local Anaesthesia
- 2. Minor Oral Surgery
- 3. Incisions and Flap Raisin
- 4. Bone Grafting
- 5. Block Grafting
- 6. Sinus Grafting
- 7. Ridge Repositioning
- 8. Nerve Repositioning
- 9. Implant Placement
- 10. Ridge Expansion
Structures to be StudiedThe Mandible The Mental Nerve, the course of the Inferior Dental Bundle, the Lingual Nerve, the Facial Artery, the Anatomy of the Mandible including the Mylohyoid Fossa and Symphyseal Region The Maxilla The Infra-orbital Foramen and Bundle, the Maxillary Sinus, the Piriform Fossa and Floor of the Nose, the Incisal Bundle and Canal, and the course of the Greater Palatine Bundle.
The Practical Sessions
- 1. Mental Bundle Exposure
- 2. Symphysial Block Grafting
- 3. Lingual Nerve Exposure
- 4. Exposure of the Facial Artery
- 5. Ramus Block Grafting
- 6. Exposure of the Inferior Dental Bundle
- 7. Infra-orbital Bundle Exposure
- 8. Maxillary Sinus Grafting
- 9. Piriform Fossa and Nasal Lining Elevation
- 10. Incisal Canal Probing Incisal Bundle Exposure
- 11. Greater Palatine Block Injection Palatal Nerve and Greater Palatine Foramen Exposure
- Suturing Techniques including Suturing
- Implant Placement
- Mini Implant Placement
- Ridge Repositioning
- Block Grafting
- Buccal Fat Pad Closure of Oro-antral Fistulae
- Basic Guide to Facial Aesthetics Piezo Surgery
Comments by Previous Participants
The Course Fee
This includes the use of this newly built anatomy dissection facility, instrumentation and motors gowns and gloves
Deposit £500 to secure a place.
Final Payment to be made by March 15th 2019
Refunds will only be made up to March 15th 2019.
Please contact us via the website form, by phone on +44 (0)1604832399 or by email (email@example.com) with your details and we will email you our Bank Account No. and Sort Code for Direct Bank Transfer Payments.
We have reserved rooms at a special rate:
£110 Single occupancy per night Friday / Saturday. Including Breakfast.
£120 Double or Twin Occupancy per night. Including Breakfast.
The rooms are reserved at this rate until May 1st
Breakfast A buffet breakfast will be served from 7am
Pre-dissection Preparation including surgical techniques, suturing, implant placement and ridge expansion, mini implants, the use of Piezo equipment and Facial Aesthetics.
Friday & Saturday Evening Dinners included in the course fee
Saturday 8.00am – 6.00pm: Dissection Course
Saturday 7.30pm: Course Dinner (Included in the course fee) Guests welcome. There will be a charge for guests
Sunday 8.00am – 6.00pm Dissection Course